Inspiring New Forms of Church
In order to build public life that reflects Jesus’ Kingdom, God is at work in congregations to transcend societal divisions of race and class. God is transforming lives and communities through a new fabric of relationship to God and one another. Becoming Church nurtures congregations as together we take on these marks of the Church:
- By the Spirit of the resurrected Christ, we love those who hurt us.
- We ask God to transcend our idolatry of money, power and status as we are transparent with one another about our finances.
- We entrust those who have been disinherited by our society with primary positions of church and community leadership.
- We are vessels through which God can establish new societal institutions that embody Kingdom values of abundance and mercy.
- We pioneer new forms of church which prioritize full communion across divides of race and class, deepening discipleship, and radical obedience to God’s call on our lives.
Freedom Circles are building blocks for this new form of church.